Building Use Policies
Our library is open to current students, faculty, and staff at North Park University. You must display a current North Park ID to enter Brandel Library.
The library is not open to the general public but will allow access in the following situations:
- NPU community members may bring 1 outside guest
- Students from other accredited colleges and universities with current ID
- Current students and employees of institutions in the I-Share group with a current ID
- North Park alumni and retired staff and faculty in good standing with the library
- Clergy and others in ministry conducting theological research
Anyone without a current institutional ID (I-Share or other) will need to complete the Alumni and Guest Access form before coming to the library.
Library Locker Policy
Brandel Library offers two types of lockers: One Day Use lockers and Semester Use lockers. Lockers may be borrowed or rented by current NPU students, faculty, and staff (one locker per person) on a first-come, first-served basis.
One Day Use Lockers may be borrowed for one-day at a time.
- One Day Use locker keys must be returned before the library closes, on the same day the key was borrowed.
- Personal belongings must be removed from the locker before returning the locker key.
Semester Use Lockers may be rented for the duration of one semester.
- Users are responsible for providing their own locks for semester use.
- Personal belongings must be removed by the end of the semester/loan period.
- Fall Semester: August 1 - Friday Immediately Before Winter Break; Spring Semester: January 1 - June 1; Summer Term: June 1 - August 1.
- Rentals do not carry over into the subsequent semester. Users must sign and submit the Locker Rental Agreement prior to using the locker each semester.
For both types of lockers
- The library reserves the right to cut unauthorized locks and discard any personal belongings left behind in lockers at the conclusion of the loan/rental period.
- The library does not assume responsibility for your personal belongings.
- Failure to follow this policy may result in revocation of library locker use privileges.
If you have any questions regarding the locker policy, please contact the Circulation Desk at (773) 244-5580.
Food and Beverages
There are vending machines & a microwave located in room 132. Drinks must be in a container with a secure lid. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the North Park campus.
Silence your cell phone while you are in the library. If you need to make a call, move to the entryway or the snack room on the first floor.
Use headphones when you listen to audio or watch video. If you don't have any with you, come to the circulation desk and we will loan you a pair.
There are two bulletin boards on the first floor of the libary where you may hang signs advertising campus events. All signs must be approved by the Center for Student Engagement in Johnson Center.
The library does not accept book donations. However, we do welcome book suggestions. If you would like to suggest an addition to our collection, please email us the book information (title, author, publication year) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We carefully consider all book suggestions and reserve the right to not purchase a title at our discretion.